Saturday, February 22, 2014

New Pattern: Hojas y Bayas Shawlette


Hojas y Bayas is a perfect all-year-round, crescent-shaped shawl. It’s name means “Leaves and Berries” and the elegant lace repeat reminds you of outdoor goodness.  It uses less than 260 yards of fingering-weight yarn, has short rows with no wraps or turns, and is big enough to keep you warm yet small enough to stash in your purse for a restaurant or movie theater chill. It is the perfect showcase for Knit Picks Chroma Fingering or any delicious luxury yarn.




I recently  have been charmed by crescent-shaped shawls. They use almost no yarn at all yet serve as a substantial accessory. My first love was Annis by the fabulous Susanna IC. It was my first shawl in this brilliant shape, and my first time playing with beads and tiny crochet hooks. Super-fun!


This was my first time really writing lace charts. It was interesting to draw a picture in the charting software and then knit a swatch to see how it actually looked. I know I have a lot more to learn, but the experimentation was fun. I'm pretty tickled that if you squint a little it actually looks like leaves and berries!

I also want to shout out to the fabulous knitters from around the globe who have helped me test knit this pattern. You are an amazing bunch of mujeres!

So here it is. I hope you like it. Happy Knitting! And don't forget to check out the Useful Goodies for your Hojas y Bayas!

And of course, check out the handy-dandy button there for the clickin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment