Sunday, October 25, 2015

Useful Goodies for your Madame Papillon and Paraíso Shawls



Here are some helpful tutorials and tips for your Madame Papillon or your Paraíso Shawl. Don't hesitate to poke me and say that I left something out!

Garter Tab

Garter tab is that nifty way to start a top-down shawl that leaves you with an unbroken garter edge at the top of your lacy work of art. I will say, these things can drive you crazy, and having an inch-long dip at the top center of your shawl is a worthwhile exchange for your sanity. But once you figure it out, you will seek out projects that start with this sweet little trick.

Some tutorials tell you to start with a provisional cast-on. For me, that is crazy - picking up 3 or 4 stitches and having a teeny-tiny seam over said 3 or 4 stitches on the back of my shawl is fine by me. Here is a written and video tutorial:


Crochet Bind-Off

There are many different kinds. I walk you through kind that gives you loopy goodness. Here is a written tutorial that walks you through something pretty similar, with photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment